Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez, Archbishop of Philadelphia, will celebrate Mass and ordain Transitional Deacons from Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul.
Saturday, May 14, 2022
Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
18th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Ordination to Transitional Deacon is the final step prior to Ordination to the Priesthood. Transitional Deacons will serve in parishes for one year as they also complete their studies toward eventual ordination as priests next year. Their diaconate ministry is one of transition and a part of the normal progression to the priesthood.
Those being ordained as Transitional Deacons are: Anthony J. Albanese; Shane M. Flanagan; Randall J. Kraft; Phong T. Le; Kenneth I. Omeke; John C. Okpara; and Wesly L. Taveras.
- Anthony J. Albanese, 36, son of Thomas and Debra Albanese, is a native of Ridley Township, Pennsylvania.
- Shane M. Flanagan, 26, son of Michael and Marie, is a native of Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Randall J. Kraft, 25, son of Randall and Christina Kraft, is a native of Southampton, Pennsylvania.
- Phong T. Le, 45, son of Quyen T. Le and Anna V. Nguyen, is a native of Vietnam.
- Kenneth I. Omeke, 40, son of Simon and Victoria Omeke, is a native of Nigeria.
- John C. Okpara, 30, son of Fidelis O. Okpara, ObSB, and the late Francisca N. Okpara, is a native of Nigeria.
- Wesly L. Taveras, 28, son of José Esteban Taveras Arias and Rosa del Camen Medina de Taveras, is a native of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
# # #
Editor’s Note: Founded in 1832, Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary has been forming men for priestly service in the Catholic Church for 190 years. For more information on Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary, please call 610-667-3394 or visit www.scs.edu.
Contact: Alaina N. Longo
Deputy Communications Officer