Late last year, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia published audited financial statements for the Office for Financial Services, its Pastoral Center entity, as well as the Philadelphia Theological Seminary of Saint Charles Borromeo for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2022.
The narrative accompaniment to those statements illustrated a core operating result with a modest surplus of $3.4 million for the past fiscal year. They also illustrated an improvement of $217.8 million against underfunded balance sheet obligations over the past ten years.
At that time, the Archdiocese indicated it would publish similar statements for additional separate entities.
Audited financial statements for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2022 for the 12 entities listed below were published on Catholic Philly today.
- Office of Catholic Education: Administration Account
- Office of Catholic Education: High Schools
- Office of Catholic Education: Schools of Special Education
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Catholic Charities Appeal Fund
- Catholic Community Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Catholic Housing and Community Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence
- Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Saint Francis-Saint Joseph Homes for Children
- Saint John’s Hospice
- Office of Catholic Cemeteries
- Catholic Cemeteries, LLC
Additionally, none of the reports released by the Archdiocese include financial statements for individual parishes. All parishes are independent and autonomous entities.
# # #
Editor’s Note: Complete copies of the audited financial statements for the Office for Financial Services for the fiscal years ended June 30, 2022 and June 30, 2021 can be found at https://catholicphilly.com/2022/11/uncategorized/2021-2022-audited-financial-statements-of-the-archdiocese-of-philadelphia/
Contact: Kenneth A. Gavin
Chief Communications Officer