Our Lady of Fatima 100th Anniversary Celebration
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia joyfully thanks God for the great gift of Our Lady’s apparitions in Fatima, Portugal. The closeness of Our Lady to us and her call to return to the Gospel through prayer, sacrifice and conversion are as important for us today as they were in 1917. Please see below for ways to enter into this anniversary celebration.
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families…of the life of peoples and nations that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.“ – Sister Maria Lucía of Fatima
Plenary Indulgence for the Fatima Centennial
Pope Francis has granted a plenary indulgence opportunity for the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions throughout the centennial year, from the 27th of November 2016 till the 26th of November 2017. There are three ways to obtain the indulgence. Click the link below to learn more!
Let’s Do What Our Lady Asks!
The best way to honor Our Lady is to do what she asked of us when she came to Fatima. Here’s a quick summary of Our Lady’s motherly invitation:
- Pray the Rosary Daily, Offer Sacrifice for Sinners, Consecration and Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, First Five Saturdays Devotion, Wear the Brown Scapular. Click here for a flyer in English or Spanish that you can put in your home as a reminder or use it to invite others to join in.
- Prayers taught by Our Lady in Fatima (Lighthouse Catholic Media)
Learn about Our Lady’s Apparitions at Fatima
- Introduce children to Our Lady of Fatima and her messages
- Click here for a flyer (en español)
- Learn more about the Fatima apparitions with EWTN!
Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary
Our Lady said to the three shepherd children in Fatima, “My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.” Consider making or renewing an act of total consecration of yourself, your family, and your work to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. St. Louis de Montfort says that total consecration is the surest and easiest route to union with Jesus. Consider following one of these consecration processes:
- St. Louis de Montfort, Preparation for Total Consecration (English and Spanish available)
- Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, 33 Days to Morning Glory (English and Spanish available)
Celebration Events Throughout the Archdiocese