Our Lady of Fatima 100th Anniversary Celebration
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia joyfully thanks God for the great gift of Our Lady’s apparitions in Fatima, Portugal. The closeness of Our Lady to us and her call to return to the Gospel through prayer, sacrifice and conversion are as important for us today as they were in 1917. Please see below for ways to enter into this anniversary celebration.
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families…of the life of peoples and nations that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.“ – Sister Maria Lucía of Fatima
Prepare for the Consecration of the Archdiocese to Our Lady of Fatima!
Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap. will consecrate the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to Our Lady of Fatima on Sunday, October 15, 2017 at the 11:00am Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul. Clergy, religious and faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia are invited to participate in this momentous occasion in the life of the Archdiocese – a decisive moment when we turn ourselves over to the incomparable care of the Blessed Virgin Mary! All are encouraged to prepare for this consecration by participating in a 33 day preparation process using one of these resources:
- Consecration Mass Flyer (English / Español)
- St. Louis de Montfort’s Preparation for Total Consecration (en español)
- Fr. Michael Gaitley’s 33 Days to Morning Glory preparation process (en español)
To prepare for 33 days prior to our Archdiocesan consecration date of October 15, preparation would begin on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
Monthly Bulletin Reflections (May – October 2017)
- May 2017: Our Lady Continues to Speak to the Church
- June 2017: First Saturday Devotion and the Marian Dogmas
- July 2017: The Immaculate Conception
- August 2017: Mary’s Perpetual Virginity
Plenary Indulgence for the Fatima Centennial
Pope Francis has granted a plenary indulgence opportunity for the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions throughout the centennial year, from the 27th of November 2016 till the 26th of November 2017. There are three ways to obtain the indulgence. Click the link below to learn more!
Let’s Do What Our Lady Asks!
The best way to honor Our Lady is to do what she asked of us when she came to Fatima. Here’s a quick summary of Our Lady’s motherly invitation:
- Pray the Rosary Daily, Offer Sacrifice for Sinners, Consecration and Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, First Five Saturdays Devotion, Wear the Brown Scapular. Click here for a flyer in English or Spanish that you can put in your home as a reminder or use it to invite others to join in.
- Prayers taught by Our Lady in Fatima (Lighthouse Catholic Media)
Learn about Our Lady’s Apparitions at Fatima
- Introduce children to Our Lady of Fatima and her messages
- Click here for a flyer (en español)
- Learn more about the Fatima apparitions with EWTN!
Celebration Events Throughout the Archdiocese