Office for Communications
The mission of the Office for Communications is to serve the Cardinal Archbishop by effectively utilizing the media to spread the Good News of the Catholic Church in Philadelphia.
The Office seeks to utilize all means of media including the internet, television, radio, magazines and newspapers to reach out to all people of God, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, to communicate and evangelize the word of God and generate a greater understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings, its service and its actions.
The Communications staff works to promote and publicize the work of the Archbishop and the local Church in all of its ministries. Those ministries include, among others, human services, respect for life, evangelization, stewardship, vocations to religious life, ecumenical and interreligious affairs and education, including the education of children in our parish elementary and diocesan high schools, as well as the formation of youth and young adults, adults and families.
The Communications Office works to promote an understanding of the Church in all its dimensions. Most especially, the office works to “seize teaching moments” in the secular press to clarify teachings of the Church.
The Communications Office works to facilitate the voice of the church and the Archbishop, as appropriate, on moral issues that speak to the faithful, as well as to the general public.
The Communications Office develops and continually works to strengthen good relationships between the Archdiocese and the secular and religious press.
The Office for Communications staff commits itself personally and professionally to utilizing the power of media to effectively communicate the work of the Church to all people of the region.
Kenneth A. Gavin, Chief Communications Officer
Alaina Longo, Deputy Communications Officer
Jhoselyn Martinez, Communications Specialist & Producer, Spanish Language Radio Program
Bonnie Olinger, Communications Specialist for Catholic Education
Meredith Wilson, Media and Events Specialist for Catholic Education
Courtney Flach, Media and Events Specialist for Catholic Human Services
Sarah Webb, Staff Photographer
Daniel Kearns, Technology Specialist
Dr. Annette Di Medio, Producer, Television Mass
- COP 28: U.S. Bishops Call for International Climate Policies that Promote Justice
- #IGiveCatholic Giving Day Takes Place in The Archdiocese of Philadelphia on #GivingTuesday
- Saints Philip and James Parish School in Exton to Celebrate Designation as a 2023 National Blue Ribbon School with Pep Rally
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia to Hold Auditions for High School Students to Perform in All Catholic Music Festivals
- Saints John Neumann and Maria Goretti Catholic High School and Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS) to Co-host Event Highlighting Opportunities for Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)
222 N. 17th St. Philadelphia PA 19103