Bookmark and Share

November 18, 2005

CARDINAL RIGALI DEDICATES THREE NEW CHURCHES THIS MONTH

Cardinal Justin Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia, blesses and dedicates three new parish churches this month; two in Chester County and one in Bucks County.

The Cardinal will dedicate and bless the new church at Saints Simon and Jude Parish in West Chester, Chester County this weekend. Monsignor Francis X. Meehan, Pastor of SS. Simon and Jude, will concelebrate the Mass. The parish serves over 3200 families and the new church will seat approximately 1200 people. The project includes a variety of multi-purpose/meeting rooms and an expanded parking lot. Work on refurbishing the existing church to accommodate expansion of the adjacent parish school will begin immediately. The old church for SS. Simon and Jude Parish opened in 1962 and seated approximately 720.


Dedication at SS. Simon and Jude Parish
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Mass 12:30 p.m.
Intersection of Routes 3 and 352
West Chester, Chester County

Earlier this month, Cardinal Rigali presided at two other dedications of new parish churches:

St. Elizabeth Parish, Upper Uwchlan Township, Chester County New church dedicated November 4th

Cardinal Rigali dedicated the new church for Saint Elizabeth Parish at an evening Mass on Friday, November 4, 2005. Rev. Msgr. Thomas Mullin is the founding pastor and he joined the Cardinal in concelebrating the dedication Mass. The new church is located on the southeast corner of Route 100 (Pottstown Pike) and Fellowship Road. The parish was founded in 2000 to respond to the growing population in the area. For the past five years, while money was being raised and the new church being built, parishioners worshipped in the gymnasium of Lionville Middle School.

Saint Isidore Parish, Quakertown, Bucks County New church dedicated on November 5th
Cardinal Rigali celebrated a Mass of Dedication at Saint Isidore Parish which was concelebrated by the Pastor, Reverend Frederick J. Riegler. Saint Isidore Parish was founded in 1886 and today the parish serves 8000 people. Keeping a tie to the past, a chapel adjacent to the new church makes use of the older church's altar and pews.








Contact
Donna Farrell
Director of Communications
215-587-3747

Back to Top