Nine priests of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia have been named Chaplains to His Holiness by Pope Francis with the title Monsignor. All studied at Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary and were ordained to the Priesthood by the late John Cardinal Krol. In addition, each has served in priestly ministry for more than 40 years. They are listed below in alphabetical order.
- Reverend Angelo R. Citino,Pastor of Saints Peter and Paul Parish, West Chester (Chester County)
- Reverend Joseph M. Corley,Pastor of Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Darby (Delaware County)
- Reverend Thomas J. Dunleavy,Senior Priest at Saints Simon and Jude Parish, West Chester (Chester County)
- Reverend John C. Eckert,Pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Morrisville (Bucks County)
- Reverend William C. Kaufman,Pastor of Saint Pius X Parish, Broomall (Delaware County)
- Reverend Paul M. Kennedy,Pastor of Saint Katherine of Siena Parish, Philadelphia
- Reverend Henry J. McKee,Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Havertown (Delaware County)
- Reverend George L. Strausser,Chaplain for the University City Hospitals, Philadelphia
- Reverend Robert C. Vogan,Pastor of Saint Joseph Parish, Aston (Delaware County)
Honors will be conferred upon these priests by Archbishop Chaput during a Vespers service at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul. All are welcome to attend.
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
18th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The recognition is being bestowed upon these men for their many years of distinguished priestly service and as a sign of their communion with the Holy Father and his Apostolic Ministry.
# # #
Editor’s Note: Additional biographical information on those priests being honored by Pope Francis can be found at http://catholicphilly.com/2017/11/news/local-news/nine-philadelphia-priests-to-be-named-monsignors/.Contact:
Associate Director of Communications