Resources for Parish Finance Councils
Presentations from the April 25, 2015 Workshop: Promoting Good Stewardship through Best Practices
- Canon Law, Monsignor Gerard Mesure
- Keynote Address, Charles Zech, Ph.D.
- Parish Finance Council Best Practices, Marc Fisher
The Ongoing Activity of Pastoral Planning
Pastoral planning is an ongoing activity in which the actions taken to implement the plans are assessed by the pastoral council and the results of the assessment are used as new information in revising the plan. Many parishioners and parish staff as well as the parish pastoral council members and the Pastor participate in this cyclical process as planners, persons taking action or assessing the results. All need to understand why and how it is done.
Education Support for any Parish Group Responsible for Planning, Implementing a Plan or Assessing the Results
- Are there any advantages to working in groups?
- How do you build trust among members?
- How can you get everyone’s best ideas out?
- What causes conflict in a group and how to address it?
- 3 Step Process for Parish Change!
- How to keep the parish community informed?
- How do you help parish groups to share prayer?
- What characteristics are found in vital parishes?
- What characteristics are found in vital parishes? (Spanish Version)
Education Support for Parish Facilitators and Resource People
Education Support for Parish Pastoral Planning
- What is parish pastoral planning
- Why do Parish Pastoral Councils Engage in Pastoral Planning?
- Who does parish pastoral planning?
- How do you do a survey and what are some examples?
- How do you keep the parish community informed about the developing plan?
- What can prevent a plan from being implemented?
- How do you keep the parish community informed about implementation activities?
- When and how is the parish pastoral plan assessed?
- How often do you review the plan?
Education Support for Parish Pastoral Councils
- What’s the rationale for pastoral councils?
- What are the guiding principles for a pastoral council?
- What’s the purpose of the parish pastoral council?
- What’s the role of the pastor in the pastoral council?
- What’s the function of the council?
- How big should a council be?
- Who serves on the council?
- What is the normal term of office?
- How are the meetings conducted?
- What is the relationship of the pastoral council to other parish committees and groups?
- How do you keep the parish community informed about your activities?
- What is a parish mission statement and why is it useful?
- How is the parish pastoral council a visioning and planning leadership body? (Click here for PowerPoint presentation of Dr M. Gubish)
- Official Texts About Councils (prepared by By Mark F. Fischer)
Education Support for Area Pastoral Planning
- What is the relationship of a parish to Pastoral Planning Area?
- What is an Area Pastoral Plan and how often do you update and review the plan?
- Building a New Parish Community