We, the faithful of the Roman Catholic Church in Philadelphia in communion with our Holy Father, shepherd of the universal Church, and our Archbishop, shepherd of the Church in Philadelphia, proclaim to everyone the Good News that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world, who offers to all who follow Him the light of life.
Baptized into Christ Jesus and confirmed by the gift of the Holy Spirit, we desire to share this Light with all by proclaiming the Gospel of forgiveness and reconciliation to every person.
We are one in our Church's teachings and in the variety of the gifts, services and ministries that we employ to help build up the Kingdom of God. We therefore commit ourselves to:
- worship God in spirit and truth through "prayer without ceasing," and particularly through the celebration of the Eucharist and the other sacraments of the Church;
- create and nourish Christian community in the domestic church of the family, in the life of every parish, and in society as a whole;
- proclaim in word and deed the Good News of Jesus Christ to all persons, inviting each of our sisters and brothers in the human community to share our faith and our mission;
- teach the saving message of Christ so that all believers may come to deeper understanding, conversion and personal witness to Christ;
- serve all our sisters and brothers, particularly the poor and needy, by generous acts of charity and by working together with all people of good will for justice and peace.
We pray to Father, Son and Holy Spirit, through the intercession of Mary, the Immaculate Conception, to whose care the Archdiocese is consecrated, and through Saints Peter and Paul, the Archdiocesan patron. May the Lord of Light guide us in our earthly journey and to our heavenly home.