Nearly 60,000 pounds of peanut butter and jelly collected to stock local food cupboards
Nutritional Development Services (NDS) of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia will celebrate the successful completion of its 2014 Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive in conjunction with Archdiocesan schools and various outreach programs. NDS will recognize students from Saint Monica Catholic School for their participation and continued support of NDS’ PB&J drive. Saint Monica’s is representing over 55 participating schools which participated in this year’s PB&J collection.
Close to 60,000 pounds of PB&J have been collected since the beginning of the drive on September 8, 2014. Students will present NDS with the PB&J collected by their school.
Saint Monica Catholic School
2500 South 16th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Nutritional Development Services provides meals, food assistance and additional support to organizations serving children and the poor as an extension of the services and mission of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The PB&J drive helps keep the 40 food cupboards serviced by NDS stocked with peanut butter and jelly for the year.
– Saint Monica students presenting their contribution for the PB&J drive to NDS representatives
– Additional quantities of PB&J collected at other schools
– Miss Barbara Inforzato, Principal of Saint Monica Catholic School
– Mrs. Margaret Alvarez, Mission Coordinator/5th Grade Teacher
– Saint Monica Catholic School Students
– Lorraine M. Knight, Director of Nutritional Development Services
– Anne H. Ayella, Assistant Director for Community Relations, NDS
– Denise Hopkins, Administrator for Community Food Program, NDS
Editor’s Note: To find out more about Nutritional Development Services visit www.nutritionaldevelopmentservices.org.
For more information about schools in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia visit www.catholicschools-phl.org.